(An excerpt from Magnetic Therapy by Dr. H.L. Bansal)
The beneficial influence of magnets may be summed up as follows:
1. When a magnet is applied to the human body, magnetic waves pass through the tissues and secondary currents are induced. When these currents clash with magnetic waves, they produce impacting heats on the electrons in the body cells. The impacting heats are very effective to reduce pains and swellings in the muscles, etc.
2. Movement of hemoglobin in blood vessels is accelerated while calcium and cholesterol deposits in blood are decreased. Even the other unwanted materials adhered to the inner side of blood vessels, which provoke high blood pressure, are decreased and made to vanish. The blood is cleansed and circulation is increased. The activity of the heart eases and pain disappears.
3. Functions of autonomic nerves are normalized so that the internal organs controlled by them regain their proper function.
4. Secretion of hormones is promoted with the result that the skin gains luster, youth is preserved and all the ailments due to the lack of hormone secretion are relieved and cured.
5. Blood and lymph circulation’s are activated and, therefore, all nutritions are easily and efficiently carried to every cell of the body. This helps in promoting general metabolism.
6. Magnetic waves penetrate the skin, fatty tissues and bones, invigorating the organs. The result is greatly enhanced resistance to disease.
7. The magnetic flux promotes health and provides energy by eliminating disorders in, and stimulating the functions of the various systems of the body, namely the circulatory, nervous, respiratory, digestive and urinary.
8. The magnetic treatment works by reforming, reviving and promoting the growth of cells, rejuvenating the tissues of the body, strengthening the decayed and inactive corpuscles and increasing the number of new, sound corpuscles.
9. Magnets have exceptional curative effects on certain complaints like toothache, stiffness of shoulders and other joints, pains and swellings, cervical sponcylitis, eczema, asthma as well as on chilblains, injuries and wounds.
10. The self-curative faculty (Homeostasis) of the body is improved and strengthened which ensures all the benefits mentioned above. One feels in full vigor and can walk and work, more and more without feeling tired.
How Magnets Affect Human Metabolism?
11. The magnetic treatment has the effect of energizing all the systems of the body. The effect remains on the body for several hours after each sitting with the magnets.
A continued treatment for a week or two, once daily for about state of health, in general routine cases. (This refers to very strong magnets as used by the medical profession.)
As magnets work on human metabolism mainly through the circulation of blood, which contains hemoglobin and iron, it will be relevant to state the position of iron contained in the body. The adult human body contains 4 to 5 grams of iron and it can be traced to all parts of the body. Most of it is present in blood as a component of hemoglobin and a smaller amount remains in muscles and is called myoglobin. The function of these components is to carry oxygen from the lungs to muscles and other parts. Without iron there would be no energy, and without energy, the beating of the heart and respiration would stop. Thus we see that iron is very essential for our life and magnetism influences iron radically and magnificently.